Member Customized Events
Member Customized Events (MCEs)
Members now have the opportunity to request any clinic on the event schedule including Specialist courses and Level I Assessments to be held at their home resort at a time that is convenient for the school and their instructors. The only exceptions are Level II or Level III Certification Assessments (Exams).
- One or two full-days of snowsports education delivered by a member of the PSIA-AASI Eastern Education Staff .
- Must be approved by hosting resort.
- You choose the topic(s) for your clinic.
- Six Continuing Education credits (CEUs) per day will be issued to all participating members.
- Lift tickets may or may not be provided depending on the resort and the snowsports school. If lift tickets are not provided, participants are responsible for purchasing their own lift ticket.
- Special requests for specific staff or team members will be considered based on availability and location. Excessive travel for educational staff may result in additional fees.
- This event is non-refundable and subject to standard cancellation fees.
- Approval from the Snowsports School Director is required.
- Minimum group size of 6 – members and/or non-members
- To ensure individualized feedback, we do not recommend group sizes larger than 10
- Most two-day training educational events are on-snow and run approximately 9 AM – 4 PM.
- Events must be scheduled directly with the PSIA-AASI Eastern office at least three weeks in advance of the desired dates.
- Cost is the same as for a regularly scheduled one-day or two-day clinic – generally, early bird prices are $150 per person for a one-day clinic or $220 per person for a two-day clinic. Please note, for Level I Assessments, the instructors must become members of PSIA-AASI before registering for the assessment. (Please see How to Join for more details.)
- Cost is based on a six-person minimum.
- Payment can be submitted in one lump sum for all participants in the group or each participant can pay for their registration individually.
- We can accept payments by credit card (Visa, MC, Discover or AmEx) or by check.
How to Schedule your Member Customized Event:
Step 1: To request a Member Customized Event, contact your Snowsports School Director with details about the event you would like to schedule. Once your director has approved, send an email to the Education Department at MCE@psia-e.org requesting the event. Please include:
- Preferred Dates (first choice and second choice would be helpful).
- Location or Resort where clinic will be held.
- Preferred Clinician if any (cannot guarantee).
- Topic(s) to be covered during your clinic.
- Name of Member coordinating the clinic.
- Expected number of participants.
Step 2: The Eastern office will set up the registration for your clinic or exam online and provide you with a private registration link which you can provide to the other participants. Each instructor will register individually, agree to the event waiver and pay for their event online.
Step 3: An Eastern office staff person will assign an Eastern Education Staff Member to conduct the event based on the topic selected.
Step 4: At the event, the Education Staff Member will complete attendance and any necessary assessment forms. After the event is complete, member records will be updated with certifications awarded, continuing education credits (CEUs) and any other pertinent information.
If you have any questions, please call the Education Department at (518) 452-6095, or send an e-mail to MCE@psia-e.org.
Get together with your fellow colleagues and start planning your own Member Customized Event today!